Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Radio Show

Once upon a time, i hosted/produced a mix show on WNYU 89.1FM.
I think i started the show when i was about 21 years old (1997). It lasted a good 4 years
I got to invite some of the best dj's in the biz Francois K, Laurent Garnier, Dimitri from Paris, Carl Craig, DJ Pierre, Daft Punk, Afrika Bambattaa ,Roy Davis, Sneak, Mark Farina, Jumpin' Jack Frost and a lot lot more.

Anyway all of this to let you know that i am starting to encode the old tapes from the show.
Here is the first one i decided to upload.

Enjoy!

Roy Davis Jr on BPM WNYU 89.1 FM JUNE 1998


4 comments:

LarsLB said...

post the carl craig show .. that was one of the shows you had me as a guest as well .. good times, great show! .. thanks man

Sasha said...

i loved BPM. I taped so many shows on k7 or mini-disc.

Anonymous said...

Your show was simply the best radio show in nyc hands down! I remember discovering it when I moved to manhattan and was fortunate to hear the DJ Pierre session. I scrambled for a cassette and began recording. After messing with my terrible radio anttenna i finally got a decent signal. Aside from the static at the beginning I find that to be one of the all time best shows you ever did and have been looking to get a fresh recording of it ever since! I really hope you put that one on! I even reached out to Dj Pierre once to see if he had a copy of the recording! Keep em coming Neil!
all the best!

Anonymous said...

Does anybody have copies of these shows? Please put them online!